What you need to know
- We are a mask-recommended university. Face coverings over the nose and mouth are recommended in all campus buildings.
- We need you to take care of yourself and stay mindful of the symptoms of COVID-19. The symptoms include fever or chills, loss of taste or smell, nausea, and a sore throat. For convenience, we provided a self-assessment checklist.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have other respiratory-illness-related symptoms, we ask you to fill out this form. This information will help us keep others safe.
- If you have been ill and are ready to return to work on campus, we need you to complete our Return to Work after Illness or Exposure Form.
- As announced on August 30, 2021, COVID-19 vaccination is required for UVU students starting spring semester 2022. Read the full statement here.
More on face coverings
All employees and students of the university are recommended to wear a face covering while on campus. You do not need to wear a mask if you are in an office or area alone. There are several locations where you can pick up a free mask if needed:
See more: Covid 19 uvu
- Campus Connection
- Student Wellness offices (2nd floor of SLWC bldg.)
- HR office
- Dean of Students offices
Masks are available in the bookstore for purchase.
Vaccine and Testing Resources
In an ongoing effort to ensure spring 2022 is healthy, safe, and successful, free COVID-19 testing and vaccination continue. The tests provided are non-invasive and offer rapid results — however, they are not a PCA test that is often needed for travel or medical procedures. Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J vaccines are available to all students, faculty, and staff (and their immediate family). Booster vaccines are also available. No proof is required.
View more: Sections
The location for both testing and vaccinations has changed. It is now located on the second floor of the Sorensen Student Center, above the ballroom and across from Student Health Services. Students, faculty, and staff can make an appointment.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Open late on Wednesdays: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Students experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are encouraged to get a test. Drive-thru testing for symptomatic students is located in lot L10, north of the Wolverine Services Center, between 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday.
- Call (801) 863-4913 with questions.
As announced on August 30, 2021, COVID-19 vaccination is required for UVU students starting spring semester 2022. Read the full statement here.
For more information about UVU’s COVID testing and vaccinations, visit our testing website. For more information about the COVID vaccines, visit the CDC website or view the following video: